8.28.2009

Free food, Temple mocha, Link 80...

Could today have gotten any better?!?!  Probs not.  Okay, okay...probably, but today was quite fantastic!  Brandon and I went out to Johnny Garlic's and I'm not gonna lie, the food was pretty good.  My friend Peter works there and he's been telling me to go in and try the food.  He wasn't working, but he came down and hung out with B and I anyway.  We got the garlic fries as an appetizer and by the time our food came, we were barely hungry.  The 32 oz. Shirley T may have had something to do with it, but who knows, right?!  Brandon and I both got pasta dishes and as we were finishing up our drinks a fantastic brownie delight showed up on the table out of nowhere!!!  It was like freaking MAGIC!  We were so full we barely finished half the brownie.  Peter and his roommate (who served us and was VERY sweet and amazing) ended up picking up our tab too.  Score!!


Grandma called me today to check on me too.  I got to hear her voice and listen to her talk.  Most.  Amazing.  Accent.  EVER.  Double score!!


After Brandon and I got home I coerced Grant the Veggie to venture downtown and hit up Temple for sweet sweet caffeine.  We hung out at Temple for a bit.  It was nice to be out of the house surrounded by something other than furniture and a semi-empty house.  Grant said he might get the change to go to Portland soon and he said he planned on visiting Voodoo Doughnut.  I got so excited when he told me that!  I told him he NEEDED to get a bacon maple doughnut!!!!  Yeah...I told Grant the VEGGIE he needed a BACON maple bar.  I know he's a vegetarian and have known for years, but I still tried to convince him that he should eat one because they are THAT succulent.  It makes my mouth water just thinking about that doughy goodness.


Grant and I also went to WalMart so I could pick up some yarn to make him a soda can cozy and I even threw in a couple to-go cup sleeves for good measure.  Maybe that will guilt him enough to either bring me a doughnut back, or just try one on his own!!!  But mainly bring me one back...

1 comment:

Kevin said...

"p.s. my new bike finally got named today. That was the best part of the day. BAR NONE."