8.04.2009

Gourmet cupcakes, udon, burrito and Jamba Juice!!!

These are the things people have been so gracious to bring me the past 2 days. It's been fantastic and I have amazingly awesome friends. The past 2 days have been full of a lot of knee bending, Netflix and Shark Week (minus sharks when they decided Cash Cab and World's Deadliest Catch were more important).

Today I went to my post-op appointment and saw the light of day for the first time in 14 days. It was very bright. I was sure the world had changed while I've been recuperating...as always, things stayed the same. It was me that changed. I was now a walking tripod instead. My appointment went better than I had expected. She told me I was doing well, I just needed to ice my knee more. I still have quite a bit of swelling in my knee which creates discomfort and pain in the joint. Once that goes down I'll be more comfortable and more mobile. I heard from my PA just after getting home and she said I should be completely off my leg until my next appointment, which is about 5 more weeks. Until then I'm to continue using the CPM machine for 6-10 hours a day at 2-3 hour rotations.

Bryce brought me a Jamba Juice this morning for breakfast, my friend Jay brought me a burrito and last night I got gourmet cupcakes and udon. Since I've been out of commission (the past 13 days) I think there has only been 1 day where I haven't had any visitors. It's awesome to know that I have amazing people surrounding me.

I miss being outside. In the world. With other people. It's much different then the safety of my folk's place. I can't wait to be able to walk again...and hopefully riding again at right around the same time. Scratch that. No "hopefully." I will be riding again after I can walk.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Optimism. :)

I'm glad to hear (read) that your appointment went well! Get better so we can walk around together. lol