11.20.2009

Last night was my first time

Riding in a group.  I've only ridden with more than 1 person one other time in my life and it was for a little over 200 yards.  That being said, last night ruled.  There were four bikes total and I completely loved it.

Brandon and I were to be at Scotty's by 6:30 and he's in Roseville.  Traffic at that time was going to suck and B knew I was nervous about riding in traffic, so he said we'd leave early to make sure we'd make it on time.  We headed out around 5:30 and we agreed I'd be in front on the freeway so that way I could decide if I felt comfortable enough to play a little game I call Shoot the Gap.

We got stopped at a red light right before the on ramp.  There were about 4 or 5 cars waiting for the meter at the on ramp and Brandon looked over at me and signaled to split the lanes...I shrugged, smiled and told him to go first.  The light turned green and pissed off about 8 or 9 cars.  Motos don't have to stop for metered on ramps, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? 

Once we were on the freeway I felt comfortable, but not entirely ready to split lanes.  Traffic was moving at like 45 mph, so I felt comfy enough to stay behind cars.  When the traffic hit about 30, I peered down between the cars and saw a gigantic lane begging to be used.  So we did.  I don't think we went over 45 and when it came time to pass the old lady and the semi, I hung back.  I don't like big trucks and the elderly driving next to each other.  B laughed at me, but I told him "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck no!!!!"

We met Kip at Scotty's and went to pick up Annie.  We all rode downtown and no one really broke down.  Yesssssssssssssssssss.  

If I remember tonight I'll have to write about Kip's misadventure.  Muahahaha

No comments: