3.28.2010

Dropping Brandon's Motorcycle

Haha...yeah I did.  Oops.  He didn't think it was as funny as I did.

So here's the haps:

We were out just taking a little putt while we had some time and the weather was nice.  Since my Suzi isn't registered and I'm mad frightened about getting 'er towed, Brandon let me ride his little Yammy.  We head out towards Jackson...we decided just to take a little trip about half hour out since I didn't have much time.

Apparently it'd been a while since I've ridden (before my last surgery) and I am such a retard that at one point I needed to shift up and kicked the shifter down.  Oops!!  I guess I thought I was riding an English bike?  Into second gear I went!!  I was thrown a little forward, laughed and recovered quite well without anyone the wiser.

We needed to stop and fill up both bikes before heading out.  As we go to leave the gas station, we have to do a routine little maneuver to get into the far left turn lane.  Brandon goes first.  I go to follow and as I'm trying to inch up next to him, I'm pretty much walking the bike with the bars turned all the way right to make my way next to B.  As I'm straddling the bike walking it up to the car, the bike starts leaning hard right (yeah...my good leg, what.the.heck).  I realize I can't keep the bike up, but don't want to just let it drop and hit the street hard, so I gently set it down.  It had to have been the most slow motion ridiculousness to watch!!!

Brandon's looking at me in disbelief.  I'm laughing in disbelief because not only do I actually set the bike down, I do it in the middle of the street.  Of a crowded street.  With a couple cars behind us.

Brandon shakes his head, sort of smiling and goes to ride his bike back across the street to the gas station so he can pick up the bike I'm no longer on. 

He stalls.

His bike is kick only.

He's gotta push it across 2 lanes of traffic.

He finally makes it back, picks up the Yammy, pushes it across the street and just shakes his head in disappointment.  Once he finally gets the bike running again (I flooded everything), he decided we needed a safer Rijel Route. 

The rest of the trip went off without a hitch.  I finally got to ride and I've now dropped a bike for the second time!!!  I'm an iiiiiiiiiiiiiidiot!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Brandon's a ruler. "Let me help this chick pick up the bike just dropped." Classic hero status.