6.05.2010

Fill in the Blank Friday...sort of late post, but it's related to roadtrips so I thought it appropriate


1.  My dream vacation would be    ANYwhere out of North America.

2.  The best trip I've ever taken was    probably this last one I went on!  3,700 miles in a car in 12 days.  I almost got run over by bison, saw an upside down white house, had to call the cops, saw the largest stone sculpture in the world, went to prom, snuck into a show, saw a fight with a gun hand off, partied way too late, saw a drunk girl pull over to puke while she was driving and got waited on first because I was aZn.  I'll be more in depth later...

3.  The most important items to take on a road trip are     Good music, bad music and good people.

4.  The next trip I'm looking forward to is    camping in the redwoods.  After that I'm headed to Canada and both trips look pretty promising.

5.  If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be     Holy crap. Allison made Jill and I the BEST set of 7 mix cds EVER.  We didn't get sick of them at all and listened to them pretty frequently throughout our 12 days.

6.  The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling  was    I remember going to Dillon Beach with Katie and her fam one year and I forgot to pack pants.  And by pants, I mean pants, shorts, skirts, anything for the bottom half of my body really.

7.  My favorite traveling memory is     the trip my dad took me on to Mount Diablo.  I remember him waking me up really early and giving me a map to be the navi.  I'm terrible at directions and knowing north from south, so he ended up having to pull over once.  At the end of the day we were driving out of San Francisco after buying my mom a birthday present and we got to the Golden Gate Bridge.  The entire atmosphere was very surreal.  There was absolutely no wind and the night was warm enough for just a t-shirt.  I was an asshole at 16 and refused to get out of the car because we had just walked about 20 miles, it was about 8pm and I'd been up since 4am.  I remember my dad telling me "You'd better come walk this bridge.  You'll never see another night like this again in your life.  Trust me.  Okay...but you'll regret it."  I regret it.

No comments: