7.27.2009

Day 6 - Love means never having to say you're sorry...

After waking up super late and hopping on the machine, Amber came over bearing gifts and we played cards for about 3 hours. While Amber was here, Brother and Amy showed up bearing coloring books with crayons and colored pencils. When I saw Brother come in, I asked if my sick burn on Facebook inclined him to swing by. He denied it...but I'm pretty sure he felt like an asshole. I think he felt like he had to show up since he's my own flesh and blood hadn't come by after all my friends had. Katie and her mom also came by to see how I'm doing. Katie made me steam cake. Then she told me that she basically flew here, all the way from New York just to make me steam cake. I believe her. She's IS my best friend after all. I was a little off from meds...and decided that she was about to fly back to New York now that her sole purpose to be in Sacramento was now complete.

Amongst the television I watched today, I also watched 3 movies. I watched The Never Ending Story and remembered why I love that movie. I don't know why I haven't watched it every day since surgery. I followed that up with Love Story. I'd never seen it before, but am glad I took the time. It was a very good movie and I definitely cried at the end. Last, but not least was Goal! The Dream Begins. The movie was good enough for my mom to stay up 'til 1:15 when she's normally in bed by 11 at the latest. Looking back, all these movies are pretty genuinely good considering I love horrible teen pop sensation films. I'm gonna have to watch some bad movies tomorrow to make up for lost time.

I finally did what I said I was going to do today. I crocheted. I picked up my hook and my yarn...and I did a couple rows on a baby blanket I've been working on. I felt accomplished. After I conquer this baby blanket, I have a hat to work on and another baby blanket to start. Katie also put in a request for a camera case and yoga mat bags. I've also still got those juice box handlebar cozies for Kip and Todd to figure out.

After Amber had left and before Katie had shown up tonight I decided to throw myself a pity party. Apparently it wasn't a very good party because I fell asleep.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Juice box cozy - Check.

Pity Party - Check.

Melissa, kids and I stopping by - no Check. (Yet.)

It's Sydney's birthday today, we're going to be partying. Tomorrow, I will drag their lazy asses (their not lazy at all) out to see our broken friend. Sorry it's taken us so long. :-/ We've been kind of busy. I can't wait until you can come see the house! You can come stay with us for a day and stay the night!! :) Our couch is comfy I think (for sleeping.) We've got movies, and a huge screen TV and surround sound, and tons of beer and soda. Yey! Party time!