9.24.2009

Little miss "run home to her daddy"

Ran home.  To her daddy.


I finally went to the new gym at work.  The place is crazy nice with tv's at every machine and a big screen too.  I hopped on the stationary bike and rode for 30 minutes and just over 2 miles with zero resistance.  I went to physical therapy today and got to do "pool time."  I was in the pool just under an hour and did a multitude of exercises INCLUDING walking!  The pool was 4 feet deep, so I was only doing about 20 or 30 percent weight bearing, but it still felt fantastic to go through the motion of walking and taking steps.  My PT also scheduled me for 2 days of pool next week, which is 2 times better than the 1 I'm getting this week.


I porch sat tonight.  Brandon hung out for a bit.  Once B left it was just Jill and I.  It was strange being up there without 28934759420 people, but it was nice.  We had time for "girl talk" and did what girls do?  I think.  I don't really know...I can't remember the last time I hung out with girls who weren't tomboys. 


I've been spending a LOT of time on the interwebzz and today I re-visited moo.com.  They make postcards, minicards (which really are rather small and I use mine as bookmarks), business cards and greeting cards.  All of these...are completely customizable.  My favorite part: you want 100 business cards, but you don't want them all to be the same?  You can design 100 DIFFERENT business cards and the price is the same.


In other news, my friend Nick is headed to Italy tomorrow and I'm insanely jealous.  Yes.  Insanely jealous.  I would LOVE to galavant around a foreign country.  Well, right now I'd just like to galavant around.  A different country is an added bonus at this point.  I want to eat my way through several countries and am trying to figure out where to go next year.  I need to get out of the country.  And by out of the country I mean off this continent.  Due to my fantastic schedule I have already thought about a few places I want to throw money at.  One of the US places I want to hit up is the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, Alabama.  Random destination, I know...but they have anywhere between 600-1200 motorcycles ON display and there's a shuttle that takes you from the airport TO the museum and a hotel near by.  Other than the fact that it's in Alabama and I can't really think of anything else good there.


Next year should be amazing.  Hopefully I'll be back to my jet-set, sleeping on planes, never being home lifestyle.  

2 comments:

wadethetides said...

I'm going to come back with a ton of pictures. Especially of food (if I can sneak my camera out at restaurants!) Hahahaha.

Tiramisu GO.

I had no idea a motorcycle museum existed in Alabama. Crazy! I've been down there a few times, but Birmingham is about 3 hours from where I was staying.

Good luck with the rehab miss. When I get back you better be able to kick somebody in the mouth!

Kevin said...

Oh, not to mention I had a BLAST going to Dairy Queen with Brandon, Emre, Sydney and Kevin. Kevin bought a new couch and it's the best thing ever. I can't wait to put my broken ass leg up on the chaise part and be comfortable and watch top model on a huge awesome T.V.

:-D