11.27.2009

The game needed me

This "weekend" of mine has flown by.  With friends making coming in from out of town for the holidays, the baking and the xmas crafting I haven't had much time to sit around.  Gone are the days of being a cripple who does nothing.  It's a blessing and a curse I suppose.

Tuesday I got to craft in a group and it was amazing.  I hope it can be a more regular thing and not just a once.  Ever.

Wednesday I was supposed to go shopping, but decided I should sleep instead.  I never usually turn down shopping, as it IS one of my favorite past times, but I was tired.  Brandon comes and wakes me up about 40 minutes later to see if I wanted to ride motorcycles.  I couldn't go back to sleep so the two of us did about an 80 mile trip out to Lincoln and back.

Katie was in town and we went to dinner and then to the bar.  I had a ton of fun and chair danced a lot of the night.  There were quite a few people there and it was far from a dull evening.  I didn't get to bed until about 4.  I was very tired when I woke up at 9 to get to my folk's place to start baking.

Today I made 3 lemon meringue pies and helped with the pound cake Jeannie Mae made.  I ate so much I thought my stomach was going to explode.  I filled myself so full I didn't have much room for dessert, but...me being me, I shoveled it in anyway.  Fat kid status.  Brother and I got so full that once we sat down we were physically unable to get up.  It's a good thing I spent that 3 minutes working out on the rowing machine before dinner got started.  I showed that meal who was boss.  There were only 8 of us for dinner, which seemed awfully empty, but it was an extraordinary group of people that I was very happy to have close and share dinner with.  I can't think of a single Thanksgiving where the entire party could fit at one table.

Katie came over pretty late after visiting with her family and I drove her home.  I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow, but I am happy there won't be any traffic.  Gotta be happy about the little things, right?  Gotta keep that PMA until my new schedule come January!

No comments: